Student Leaders Eligibility Criteria:
As a Student Leader, you will participate in an eight-week paid internship at a local nonprofit organization where you will learn first-hand about the needs of your community and the critical role nonprofits play. In addition, you will learn valuable civic, social and business leadership skills. Each Student Leader will attend the Student Leaders Summit held in Washington, D.C. where you will learn how government, business and the nonprofit sector work together to address critical community needs.
To become a Student Leader, you must:
- Currently be a junior or senior in high school
- Be able to participate in an 8-week paid internship at a local nonprofit organization and work 35 hours a week
- Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship through the end of September 2020
- Be able to participate in a week-long Student Leaders Summit in Washington, DC (Summer 2020) (All expenses paid. This week will be part of your 8-week experience.)
- Be a student in good standing at your school
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator
- Please check back later this year for application dates for our 2020 program
Please note, Bank of America employees or members of their family are not eligible for nomination. Family members include: spouse or domestic partner, child (including by adoption), parent, grandparent, grandchild, cousin, aunt, uncle, sibling, niece, nephew, parent-in-law, brother-in-law or sister-in-law of the employee or the employee’s spouse or domestic partner, as well as all step relationships.